Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 7 Day 3

I got good sleep last night, no drinking at all and healthy good dinner. Got up at 5 this morning to do my run and....

it was still hard.

But that's okay. It was just hard...as a 25 minute run probably should be. I can't imagine adding another 3 minutes but that's what's up next. Today was satisfying though. It felt good to push through when I really wanted to just quit early. My hrm freaked out on the cool down. Was telling me hr was 180 -190. When I would reset it it would show more like 130 - 140 for a minute which was accurate. Needless to say, average hr is showing higher than it truly was, and I burned fewer calories than my stats will show. Crazy woman that I am, I finished up around 5:45ish, dried off, changed clothes, and went and did yoga for an hour. I'm still amazed by how hard yoga works my body. If anything, I think the run beforehand helped. I was super loose. And I felt free to have TWO breakfast tacos instead of one this morning...and inhaled them both.

Stats
Max hr: 192
Avg hr: 156 (prob should be 140ish)
Duration: 35:01
Distance: 2.46
Calories: 270 (prob more like 250ish)

Namaste. (whatever the heck that means. they always say that at the end of yoga and I've yet to look it up.)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Well I don't even know you, except for this blog, but as a long-time runner and much shorter time yogini, I can testify that yoga is the perfect complement to running. And doing it right after you run is the best.

Running shortens all those hip and leg muscles so the yoga will counteract that. Plus it's strength training, even though it might not seem like it.

I wish I'd started doing yoga ALOT sooner. It has made a world of difference.

Hardlynot said...

well hey, where do i sign up??!!

what is a yogini?

Mary said...

yogini == a female practitioner of yoga

I like going to a class the best but sometimes I do the yoga videos on cable on-demand. I also do some postures as part of my after-workout routine.

Hardlynot said...

well, that's just nice. maybe some night after heavy drinking we should flip on yoga on demand and make a go of it?

Mary said...

sure. We'll try headstands.

Clare said...

All that cracked me up.

Thanks for the info on yoga. I can't do it very often in the mornings but I'll try to do it on run days when I can. I went for the first time on Saturday. Went back Sunday and today and will go Thursday evening. I got hooked fast. Oh, and it definitely feels like strength training - it's hard!!! We did some core stuff this morning. Not easy. And Ogan, you can avoid the heated studios. Just find a class that suits you.

Yogini sounds a lot like martini.

Hardlynot said...

i will definitely try yoga at some point. not now. too much slathering now.

Hardlynot said...

maybe it was hard because it was 6am in the morning. i bet next week when you are doing the 28 runs, they will be hard, but the 25 minutes will be much easier.

you're doing good.