Friday, January 09, 2009

W3W1

I did it!!! 

It was a great day to run outside.  Almost 60 out.  I prefer running on the trail because I don't focus on the time or run parts as much.  And it went really well.  It wasn't even that hard.  I really thought I was going to have to repeat week 2 but I think I am going to be able to move forward.  I did get a cramp in my side at the end of the 2nd 3 minute run but it was at the end so it didn't affect me.  And my shins are still bothering me but not enough not to do it.  I hope I don't have to buy new shoes.  I shouldn't have to.  I don't think I've put enough miles on them.  The next pair of shoes I buy I'm going to reset the global odometer on my watch so that I know exactly how many miles I've put on them. I also use custom orthotics because apparently I am a major over-pronator.  Those wear out too, but I have no idea how many miles I've put on them.  I don't want to spend another $400 on dumb orthotics.  And, it could just be that my shins are getting used to more running.  That is what I am going to go with for now.  

The back has behaved for the most part.  I took advil before I went.

Duration:  29.48
Calories: 353
Average HR: 160
Maximum HR: 208
Distance: 1.9
Walk MPH: 3.5 - 4.0
Run MPH: 5.0 - 6.2

1 comment:

Clare said...

Oh yay! Made my evening to see this when I got home! Looking forward to details on run and date!