And I don't know if it was because of my mindset or the treadmill or what, but I couldn't complete the workout today. I started out after the warmup with what I thought was a 5 minute run. Half way through I wanted to kill myself. It just took forever and my legs were sore and I really wanted to stop. So I thought, okay, I will press on. Then I realized that this first interval was only for 3 minutes. I barely made it through despite the fact that I had no problem with 3 minute intervals last week. I pressed on. Then I got to the 5 minute run and I just couldn't make it through. I tried. At about the 3 minute mark I stopped.
I probably could have completed it. My HR wasn't that high. The max was at 174 or so. My legs were sore but they weren't that sore. I attribute it to the treadmill. It was just miserable running on it - at least for me. The time was crawling, I was uncomfortable and I just didn't have the motivation to go on.
So like a little girl I pussed out. I didn't even finish the time with walking. I just stopped completely after about 13 minutes. I will try again tomorrow. First I'll try to do W4W1 and if I can't do that, I'll go back and repeat week 3 for the next few days. I will definitely be running outside tomorrow. Please let it warm up!

1 comment:
Hmm. I commented earlier but it doesn't seem to be here.
Stop using the F word! You only fail if you quit entirely. I think trying that run again is a good idea. You know it's hard, you can psyche yourself up for it, and do it when it gets warmer. And if it's too hard, like you said, repeat Week 3. It's all still good!
Post a Comment