Another horribly hung over run. Great meal last night at Mulberry. Got there before my friend, had a glass of wine. Friend and I split a bottle of wine with dinner, then each had a glass of prosecco after dinner. Then I had a beer at Allan's. Didn't sleep well because of all that, and was meeting friends to run at 8:45 this morning. Lordy, lordy. Two aspirin, one motrin, and lots of water later I show up at the trail. It's cold, for me, anyway. It's low 40s. But I dressed okay. Shorts, t-shirt, jacket, gloves. I warmed up pretty quickly.
I am happy to say I did it! It was pretty hard but I think if I had felt better it would have been great. It is just a gorgeous day today - sunny and cool. And I enjoyed running with a couple of friends. Time definitely moves faster when you're outside.
Sidebar: The soap opera that is Clare and Allan has officially ended. Had the sweetest break up ever today. I'm a little sad but mostly just feel really at peace that this is the right thing. I think I, very selfishly, needed this last go round so I could get this thing to end the way I needed to, if that makes any sense. I love the guy but I deserve better. And it's kind of crazy that I can even say that; I usually can't. But I know it's true now, for some reason. Maybe it's the running. :) So, I'm going to go sweat my ass off in yoga this afternoon for an hour and a half, rent some movie like Steel Magnolias that will make me cry, and go to bed early. I am really looking forward to this!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
sorry to hear about allan. does that mean he goes in the goodwill pile?
was the trail flat that you ran on? was it hard because it was 28 minutes or because it was the first time to do it outside??
i like being able to modify speed outside, whereas on the treadmill you have to make the effort to click it up or down and then decide by how much.
No I think I am actually truly done with Allan. Of course there would be a chorus of objections about that statement from my friends here, but I really think I am. And nothing to be sorry about,although I appreciate it. I think I am finally at the point where I would rather be single than settle again. And that feels great.
The trail is mostly flat. There were some stairs (so painful) and some mild inclines but overall flat. It was hard because I was terribly hung over and didn't eat a thing beforehand. Otherwise I think it would have been easier.
Tomorrow is my first real day of running group then I'll do Day 3 on Tuesday (depending on what goes on tomorrow morning) or Wednesday.
Gonna try to do yoga 4 times a week - Sat and Sun, Tues morning (oh, so nix running on Tues, will have to be Wed) and Thurs evening. I LOVE it.
Post a Comment