So you asked me if the 25 minute runs are hard and I said not really. Well, today was HARD. A lot of it has to do with me probably over exerting myself in a lot of ways this weekend. Did yoga twice, including earlier today. I actually ran a mile after yoga yesterday...not sure what got into me. Stayed out late last night, didn't eat right today. All this = painful run. I just kind of felt like I was going to be ill for the last 8 minutes or so. But I wasn't ill and I pushed through it. But it was definitely hard. Burned the most calories yet on this program.
Max hr: 184
Avg hr: 154
Duration: 37:02
Distance: 2.58
Calories: 292
My hrm never had issues, even during my cool down, which made me happy. I just cooled down normally.
Now I have a confession to make. I think I am about to start deviating from the plan. I am going to keep doing C25K every other day as I have been, but tomorrow morning I am meeting a group of beginning runners at 5:30 a.m. This woman is leading it - she is some major runner here in Austin, my age, mother of 4, sounds pretty cool. A friend of mine recruited me. I am going to check it out tomorrow and see if I want to sign up. It's twice a week I think and she tailors the program for you. It's $150 for 20 classes which is pretty good. I'll pass on anything I learn!
Lisa - loved seeing you on the forum! I really like that board a LOT. Good people and kind of cool that they are from all over the place.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah - i kind of get why you had a bad run today. i really wonder how you would have felt had you not done the yoga, stayed up late and ate crap. like, i wonder if it would have been an average run or even a good run? hard to know what effects what.
i really want to be doing more right now. i really want to be working out with the machines but i am kinda trying not to. my record of sticking with any kind of running program is quite bad. i don't want to do anything to interfere. i will try to start adding other things slowly.
isn't it motivating to know that you can still complete the run even though you feel like crap?
i think it's great that you're going to check out this other program, as long as c25k takes priority. meaning, if you start feeling burned out or tired, you'll scale back so you can complete c25k. at least that is what i hope you'll do. you are one of the main reasons i've been able to stick with this program.
Post a Comment