It's done. I did it. That's the good news. But dang...I did not want to run today. I didn't sleep last night, my workout with Lauren was really really hard, and my head was just not in the right place. But, I haven't been doing anything in between runs and definitely didn't want to go two full days with zero cardio, so I just forced myself to do it. It was two 10-minute intervals with a 3-minute walk in between. Nothing seemed right today - I don't like these shorts, I don't like this sports bra, my shins actually felt sore, my socks didn't feel right...ya know, one of THOSE days...whine whine whine. My heart rate stayed way up there which to me is good because I think - oh cool, burning a lot of calories.
But of course, now comes the satisfaction for having pushed through it anyway and I love that satisfaction! I think one thing I've learned this week is that I really need to do something on the non run days. I was walking. I think I'll go back to that. Somehow it makes the running easier.
So Lisa I need a post from you TODAY. Girl, even if you do W1D1 I'll cheer for you!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
i can NEVER run after using the machines. i can't ever get up the motivation for it because of how tired i am after lifting. i don't know how you ever did it. if i am going to do cardio and lifting in the same session i always do the cardio first. but that is just me.
i also hate it when the apparel gets in the way. i'm kind of obsessive about my home made podcast. when i was in austin, julie and i went out to central market so i could do my workout and i realized that she had deleted my podcast accidentally. i was like - we have to go back home. i knew without my little routine i wouldn't have the motivation. i know that is a puss way to look at it but it's all i got.
why did you stop posting your stats? i like seeing them because then i can compare when i get to that point. not really compare, because there is no way to really do that, but i just like having an idea where you are at.
Stats from today:
Max hr: 222 (I had big time heart issues today - read 00 for a long time too)
Avg hr: 151
In zone: 12:46 (short bc I was above my zone most of the time)
Duration: 35:21
Distance: 2.37
Calories: 268
That's the most calories I've burned. Definitely like that.
so given your max hr of 222 and mine of 193 today, do you think it's still over to move forward? or do you think we should repeat a week so the hr will go down??
i just want to make sure we're doing this right. 222 is REALLY really high. like your max hr is about 188 and mine is probabaly that or slightly lower. do you think we are hurting our hearts by letting the max get that high? i kinda think we are . . .
here are some links:
http://www.sportsdoctor.com/articles/heart_rate.html
http://www.heartdiseaseattack.com/heart_attack_exercise.php
https://www.usasportstraining.com/triathlon-training-articles/training-with-a-heart-rate-monitor.html
And yeah, running after the machines was brutal. But if I had run before I would have not been able to get through the workout.
I don't really think my heart rate gets to 222. I think my heart goes into its arrhythmia and my hrm can't really follow it. I think it's fine to go forward. Those numbers will start to go down.
yes, that is also a problem (lifting before running)
Post a Comment