Hit the trail solo this morning - no friends, and no dog. Pokey was sad but I'm just not there yet. She needs to give me a few more weeks.
I hate wind. I will take many other elements over wind, and it was quite windy. But that was the only negative this morning. Temperature was perfect. Anyway, I ran the full loop from Mopac to S Lamar pedestrian bridge and back. And then I kept running to make sure I got a full 3 miles. That's by far the furthest I've ever run and it felt great! I swear it takes me a full 20 minutes right now to get in the groove. Once I hit 20 everything feels better. Of course I ran really slow - I work on speed with Chris, begrudgingly, but not when I am doing "long" runs. (long for me...I've lived in Austin my entire life and never once thought I might ever run that whole loop) I could have kept going but Sarah and I have a full schedule today and I needed to get back.
So that run was Week 9 Day 1 of c25k - although I ran longer than the 30 minutes, and also my homework from Chris. Tomorrow is an off day but I'm going to yoga.
Sidebar: I think I must have had an Allan switch. I wish I had realized that before and just turned it off. I still feel sooo good about all that. Lauren mentioned him the other day and it was just like - oh right. I went to grad school with him. Laughing! Life is good. But I have this reservation for dinner next Saturday night and no date. Should I cancel it or make it a point to find a date? I can't decide.
Okay, sidebar over. Here are the stats, and don't make fun of my slowness. Not that any of you would. These include my warm up and cool down. My hr numbers seem high. The average is the highest I've ever seen and the max isn't right, so I think my heart was tripping a little.
Max hr: 223
Avg hr: 162
Duration: 41:35
Distance: 3.0 +
Calories: 352
Off to an ice skating class. Really.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
re: the allan switch . . . isn't that funny how that all works? sometimes the first few times don't take and then suddenly - over him! good though, i'm glad. on to the next!
i bet pokey can out run hazel because she is a bigger more athletic dog. with hazel, i keep taking her because she needs to build up her endurance, otherwise, she'll never be able to run 3 miles with me. before c25k, sometimes hazel would stay with my friend jill when i travelled out of town. when she would walk hazel with her dog jack (rott mix), they would be walking and at some point, hazel would just lay down as if to say "i'm done". she has really done well with c25k.
and clare, i think you're doing great. i would never say anything to you about your speed. hell, you're whipping me with all the exercise you do. i have no idea how i am able to haul my extra 40lbs around at the speed i've been running. maybe because from the very start that is the speed i've been going, and i've only been adding distance. like, if i had started out at a slower speed i bet i would have trouble increasing it.
you're going great!
Oh Pokey can RUN. It takes me a little energy to handle her and I don't have any extra energy right now when I run! Gotta FOCUS. Once I am more comfortable I'll start taking her regularly. She loves it.
And thanks! I ran into a friend's husband today and he says - Wow you look great! What, have you lost like 15 lbs?? Why yes I have! I am so close to pre-grad school weight... At this point that isn't my main motivation any more but it was nice to have someone notice. So this running thing - good all around.
i bet it will be really good for pokey when you are able to take her with you. dogs that size need so much exercise!
btw - i hope you will stick around on project jaguar even after you finish c25k.
:) I will. It totally helps me to write about it, even if it does feel like a completely narcissistic exercise.
Post a Comment