Saturday, February 14, 2009

Long run

First of all, Judah? No posts since what - Monday??

I ran 4 miles. Really. Okay, I will admit that I did not run up the stairs when I took some stairs on the trail. But at least it was stairs and it was only maybe 20 seconds. I held out fine with the cardio - felt great actually. Good breathing rhythm pretty much the whole time. I felt the longer distance in I guess my quads, but it was almost more like my hip joints. (I clearly don't know anatomy) I think I'll feel it tomorrow. Ugh and my poor feet - I just winced for the first 5 minutes but then that got all better. I think the foot pain is related to a new pair of work shoes I've been wearing. Not going to wear them anymore and see if this goes away.

I started getting antsy towards the end of the run but I know I could have run longer if I had set a longer goal because I felt pretty good. I ran at 5 mph - it took me 48 minutes to do the loop.

Not sure my hrm was right...my numbers seem high, but maybe that is right because I ran longer.

Stats
Max hr: 214
Avg hr: 164
Duration: 53:36
Distance: 4.01 + cool down
Calories: 474

I am really glad I did this. Now I know for sure I will have no problem with the 5k next weekend and will even try to push myself a teeny bit on speed.

No comments: