Thursday, February 05, 2009

Class Day 2

So...I ran yesterday morning, worked out with Lauren yesterday afternoon and did a lot of leg stuff, and then had class this morning. I FELT it. On the "warm up" (which is a mile run, puh-lease, that's a warm up???) my legs were tired and my legs are almost never tired. So today was tough. So mile warm up, ran drills, then did a 1/2 mile run and then two 1/4 mile runs. Chris said - you look really at ease running. I said - I'm not. But the thing is, I suppose I am. I don't know why I am so fearful of pushing myself...I am sure it would be an interesting topic for a therapist, but I digress. So, on the last quarter mile run I ran with Chris and really pushed hard. I sort of thought I might puke at the end but didn't. And now I've forgotten my time which annoys me but it was 2 minutes and a little, so on pace for an 8 minute + mile. Now, I can't sustain that at this point, but it was really satisfying to do that.

I said to Chris, "ya know, I've never been sore. I started running in December but I've never had sore calves, etc." She says - "that's because you don't push yourself very hard." It's true. This is exactly why I like having a trainer/coach whatever. I am super conservative with pushing my body. And it's so my nature - if I see someone as an authority figure, I'll do what I'm told. Unless it's something illegal, unethical, unsafe, of course.

Stats:
Max hr: 177
Avg hr: 140
Duration: 51:38
Distance: 2 miles + drills
Calories: 343

Of course the stats include the recovery in between runs, the standing around learning things sometimes, etc. The distance is cumulative.

Good God I am looking forward to taking tomorrow off. I might do yoga if I don't do it tonight, but that is ALL.

No comments: