It was a good run. I wasn't in the mood and I am starting to not like the treadmill so much, but I got up and did it and it was pretty good. The thing I noticed the most was my cardio. I just never really got winded. That shows up in my hr stats too. Now, the downside is that I ran for 30 minutes and didn't even burn 300 calories! I guess that might motivate me to pick up the pace. But speaking of pace, I'm now running 5.0 mph consistently on the treadmill, which means I am likely running faster when I'm outside, and that's satisfying.
My heels still hurt, but clearly not bad enough to keep me off them. I noticed yesterday they hurt worse at the end of the day...and I wasn't on them at all! Drove down and back to San Antonio and sat in a seminar all day. Who knows. I am starting to think a trip to Runtex to talk about my shoes might not be a bad idea. I paid attention to my stride today and I am definitely striking mid foot and not heel.
Tomorrow is a class day, Friday is an off day, and Saturday and I am going to try to run 4 miles. We'll see about that. Going out with my brother Friday night and he has always been a terrible influence. :) I think I'll decide now to be the driver so I can have a good run!
Stats
Max hr: 169
Avg hr: 147
Duration: 40:00
Distance: 3.02
Calories: 292
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment