In my defense I did immediately call Clare to see if she could tell me what the workout was, but she didn't answer. So I ended up just walking for 25 minutes.
I know, I know. I should've gone earlier, but I didn't. I did decide that I simply cannot run on the treadmill. I tried. First I started out at 5 mph and it felt a little fast but it was okay. Then I cranked it up to 6 mph just to see how it felt. OMG - it felt like I was sprinting! I really don't understand this. I watched my watch the whole time to see how the foot pod was tracking the mph and it was pretty close, if not a little low. Like, the treadmill would be at 6 mph but the watch would say 5.8 or 5.9. And it was pretty close when I went 3.5 mph. The foot pod reported mostly 3.5 but sometimes 3.4 or 3.3. It only really got off when I went 3 mph. At that point it fluctuated between 2.4 and 3.0. Weird. So I think for the most part the mph I am running on the trail is accurate. For example, I don't think the foot pod says 6.0 and in reality it's 5.4. If anything, I'm running slight faster than the foot pod is reporting. And the distance was fairly accurate. At the end of the 25 minutes, the foot pod underreported the distance by a tenth of a mile.
I know, I know. Speed doesn't matter. But I just find it all interesting. It is soo much easier for me to run faster on the trail than on the treadmill. I guess I won't really know my speed until I do a timed race or run on a track. I don't think I can run on the treadmill at this point. I know it's mental for me - but the mental is a big thing for me.
So I will just keep running on the trail.

3 comments:
How do you look at that watch so much without tripping over yourself? I know I can't do it.
You're funny. You already know, so I won't say it. :) I'm just glad you don't sound all down on yourself. I agree about finding it all interesting. Speed, etc. And I saw your missed call as I was fading off and setting my alarm. Had been at a seminar deal and had put phone on silent. Sorry I was no help! But it would have been yuck anyway- no treadmill for you. Week 6 is hard enough as is.
Well the good news is that since you just walked yesterday, you can take advantage of the beautiful day today and do the workout outside...
Post a Comment