In the last 3 minutes we came upon a cute little laso. Anytime Hazel approaches a dog, or a dog approaches her, she slows to almost a stop. I could not get away from this dog. We passed said dog, but then it was right behind us and Hazel would not run fast enough to get away. It was really annoying. But we made it through.
I think I'm going to try and finish week 8 tomorrow so that I can start week 9 on Monday. This will enable me to get in another full week with a day of rest before the race. I'm going to do 31 minutes next week and then 34 minutes the final week.
Time: 28.01
Distance: 2.4
Average HR: 166
Max HR: 191
Calories: 362

5 comments:
Great! I had a really similar experience. You get to some point, it seems, where your body is like - oh okay fine. You're clearly going to keep doing this so I'll submit.
I think 5.0 is a 12 minute mile. That's what I run. Or ran, rather. :)
"said dog" Ha.
Well good. I thought it might not get done due to the 'big pushing on the world-class powerpoint.'
Two weeks!
i think it's funny that i've gotten to the point where i'm like "oh, i ran 28 minutes again today - yawn". i mean really - i never thought i would be able to run 28 minutes. before c25k i never thought i would be able to run 5 minutes.
Yes - isn't that nuts?! That's how I feel about it too.
remember - my watch still needs to be calibrated - so even though it says 5.5 or 5.8 it's still probably close to a 12 minute mile. when i ran with mary, 6.0 on my watch was an 11.25 mile.
i'm not surprised that you could yawn over 28 minutes, but i am surprised that i can. the goal is to lose 30-40lbs. wonder how running will feel when that happens?
Post a Comment