Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thus Ends Week 2

I decided to do this one on a little incline. I did the whole deal with the incline set to 1. So not much, but I felt like I wasn't really working as hard as I needed to be but didn't think bumping up the speed was a good idea. The good news is that it really did feel like a better workout. The bad news is that it did throw my heart into it's arrhythmia dance. My hrm freaked out and just showed my heart at 00 for awhile, and I can assure you that my heart was actually beating quite rapidly. So that all just means my average heart rate, time in the zone and calories burned aren't quite right but I'm not going to try to adjust. I figure this will happen with some regularity. That said, here are the not-quite-right stats. (avg hr should be higher as well as calories burned and time in zone)

Max hr 187
Avg hr 139
In zone 21:45
Duration 30:23
Distance 1.88
Calories 195

I didn't get on the scale this morning. Mostly because I wasn't at home but whatever. It's a good thing.

I think it will be too cold tomorrow to ride my bike which bums me out, so I guess I'll just walk. Monday is going to be a challenge. I start week 3 and I work out with Lauren. Yowzers. Looks like I will run for three full minutes which seems like a very long time, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm a pretty big fan of this program so far and I trust that if I should be able to run three minutes at once, that I will be able to.

1 comment:

Hardlynot said...

maybe you should hold off on the incline for another few weeks? or maybe just do the incline on the walking parts? the more you do this program, the lower your hr will be as you walk/run and then hopefully your heart won't do the arrythmia (sp?) thing.

just be careful, okay?