Sunday, December 28, 2008

The 11th Day

11th day of exercising consistently. I'm irritated that weight isn't falling off of me in buckets. But it IS Christmas etc. so I'll assume this will happen once things like pie and stuffing aren't tempting me at every turn. It also doesn't help that I have dinner plans with people for two weeks in a row.

Just walked today, but did what I think is a very difficult 30 minute preset program on my treadmill. Here are the stats:

Max hr: 152
Avg hr: 130
In zone: 21:15
Duration: 30:03
Distance: 1.77
Calories: 175

Not bad for a slow day. I'm about to do some pushups - Allan turned me on to this -
http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html
I'm going to maybe do it. I am being a little compulsive about the exercise thing, which I don't think is a bad thing.

There will be lots of beer drinking today and tonight - Cowboys game then a show at Antone's. Ah well. In years past I would have been eating more, drinking more, and not exercising at all.

3 comments:

Hardlynot said...

you're not going to like what i'm about to say, but i really believe that at your current weight you should expect weight loss to take a long time. the heavier you are, the easier to lose lbs. the less you weigh, the harder it is for it to come off.

i think its good that you're doing cardio. i think that the weight lifting might help you with those last 6lbs more than the c25k. how many days a week are you lifting? it would be helpful if you were doing it 3x a week or so.

ask your trainer what she thinks about weight loss and how long it will take for you in your current state.

how about this as a more realistic goal? hopefully, at the end of these 9 weeks, if you are also lifting 3x a week, you should expect to have lost 5lbs plus. really i just made that up, but i think its more realistic to see movement in 8 weeks than it is in two.

now for me its a different story. i have more to lose, therefore it's easier for me to lose.

Clare said...

You're right, you're right, I know you're right. (can you name that movie??) I had actually decided this morning not to get on the scale until next Wednesday - like a week and a half away. I think I will actually put the scale somewhere, like my trunk, where it would be a hassle to get on it.

Hardlynot said...

btw - i know this is 'when harry met sally'!!!