Okay, really it's day two, but since I went into the office yesterday, I am counting today as my first official day of unemployment.
First of all, it never occurred to me I could file and be approved for unemployment benefits. That's kinda cool! I hadn't taken that into consideration...and now I figure that will cover groceries and incidentals which is cool and extends my runway. I figure if I hit three months without several good interviews I'll maybe start to stress...but until that time...it's spring in Austin Texas!
So, we know I can't run. And I don't want to pay for PT while I don't have a job...doesn't seem wise. So today I did a 9 mile bike ride. Here are the stats...this includes a kind of lengthy cool down because my boss (okay, former boss) called me about something and I stopped the watch after that.
Max hr: 173
Avg hr: 144
In zone: 43:18
Duration: 54:03
Distance: 9 miles
Calories: 378
I really do enjoy my bike. Other than the getting it on my rack part. After the ride I did an hour of yoga...with an instructor I hadn't had before and it was SO HARD!
Everyone has been really nice and checking on me but here's the deal. I practice what I preach. I don't believe in stressing out, or being negative. It's not an ideal time to have to find a job, to say the least. But things have a way of working for the good. I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason, and honestly, I'm kind of excited to find out what the reason is here and see what's next for me. On that note, anyone reading this? I'm looking for a job!
Do you guys care if I now blog about being unemployed and bike riding?? :)
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
1) you're funny. you really make me laugh
2) great job on the bike! i'm about to pull mine out of the basement
3) i'm glad to hear that you're staying positive and upbeat. i really think it's important. life is so much harder when you are panicking and stressed.
yay.
4) and of course, write about whatever you want!!! i'm just glad you're here!
Yes, yay! :) And what's so funny??
i found 'day 1 as a statistic' to be funny
Post a Comment