I am seriously still so sad I can't run. I did a little running around (more like drills) with my trainer last Saturday and my ankle was sore the next day. AARRRGGGHHH! I've been spending a decent amount of time on the elliptical machine but it is so not the same. I pretty much hate it.
I have been working out every day during the week though. I meet Allan at the gym and we work out pretty hard. I haven't done spin class again though. I need to figure out when I'm going to do that - set up a schedule. The thing about not running and having to make myself do cardio sometimes is that it's harder to keep my weight down, which I hate. Have to be more careful with what I eat, and I'm not good at that. I have a queso problem, for one.
Okay, enough negativity from me.
Lisa? Please don't give up on running. You CAN run so do it! Once you get back into a groove, back into the habit, I bet you like it. It's always hard when something knocks you out of the routine, like sickness, but don't let it win!
And now a shameless promotion for my new blog - http://lifeonthectrain.blogspot.com/ - which is about everything else (not the exercise thing). I am totally enjoying blogging on it. And it's this funny thing - I really want people to read it. I want them to, yet at the same time I get insecure wondering why anyone would want to read it? If that makes sense. It just feels kind of presumptuous to assume anyone would want to read what I write.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First off, your C train blog is great. It almost makes me wish I had a child. But I'll just spoil my nephew and nieces instead. Too bad there probably isn't money to be made in blogging for most.
Second, I miss running too, even though I can. I had hopes of running a half-marathon in two months and maybe, finally, a full in the fall. But who knows if I can sustain the kind of mileage that will take, even though I did a half on two days of running per week.
There really is no substitute for running. The elliptical is a nice workout, spinning is a great workout and I love cycling outside, but running is the best. I've been running longer than I've had any relationship, job or home. Sigh.
My PT says running is fine. I have very tight IT bands on both sides, which pull on my knees and cause pain. It is slowly loosening up so maybe there is hope. Sure wish I'd discovered yoga much earlier.
Oh well, at least it's finally decent cycling weather.
judah - i also like C train. it's totally interesting.
don't worry - i'm not going to give up on running. i'm having trouble being motivated because i don't have a plan or goal anymore. julie and i are going to run when i'm in texas this week.
Post a Comment