Saturday, March 31, 2007

Week 1

post 1:
i was really tired after after the treadmill today, maybe because i went to the gym directly after the hazelwalk. at the end of my time, a guy got on the treadmill beside me in . . . i kid you not . . . jeans and a suede jacket. i hurt for him.

post 2:
today at the gym i was told that flip flops were not allowed. i protested that i was wearing tevas, not flip flops. sadly, she corrected herself - no open toed shoes. now, that's just stupid. why can't i wear tevas if i'm just using the machines? sure, on the cardio equipment - that's ridiculous. and with the machines that require plates - maybe not the best idea but still . . . if you drop a 25 lb plate on your foot will it really matter that you're wearing closed toed shoes?

today on hazelwalk i didn't have to stop halfway up the hill on 56th, even though my calves were sore and i was slightly out of breath. baby steps . . .

2 comments:

Mary said...

Nice job. I'm impressed with the Hazelwalks. She loves it too, I know this.

Regarding the open toed shoes at the gym, I'm sure this is not the reason but I gotta say that I sure don't want to see someone's feet at the gym. But I'm funny that way ...

Ann and Tim said...

She is funny that way! She doesn't like feet. Yours, Mine, Hers....anyone's feet.

But anyway, I do think it will be best for you to wear real shoes. The stability will help in the long run.

Yeah for you!!